Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER)
Management and Strategy Consulting
CDER performs essential public health tasks by making sure that safe and effective drugs are available to improve the health of people in the U.S. by regulating over-the-counter and prescription drugs.
CDER faced tremendously high staff vacancy rates and wanted to know how to improve hiring and retention via strategic insights gathered from data and internal process reviews.
- Interviews, focus groups, surveys and on-site visits with CDER staff, from senior management to line staff
- Human capital management best practices to facilitate an assessment on the current human resource processes, recruiting and retention within major offices of the Center
- Organization partnering to provide comprehensive recommendations for improving and re-engineering the human resources process, and recruiting best practices and retention standards
- Human Resources Information Management System (HRIMS) technical review and evaluation
- eSurvey design, development, dissemination and data collection
- Data analysis, visualization and evaluation
- Operational process re-engineering using Lean Six Sigma principles
- Program Management Office (PMO) implementation strategy and planning